Monday, June 21, 2010

Beginning to End

This picture was posted on the JET Programme website. It's from one of my absolute first days in Japan at orientation. Was interesting to see and think about as my leaving is quickly approaching. I've been in contact with my successor this past week. It's crazy to think about how many things I want to tell her and help her with! There are many things you have to learn as you go, but I'm trying to give her as much help as possible as it's a big transition!!

A lot of people have asked how I feel about leaving. I have had a mix of feelings, but am mostly still in denial! I'm down to 23 days now. I have a lot of things to do and errands to run like sending things home, cleaning the apartment and throwing things away, canceling my utilities and cell phone and internet, arranging for my luggage to be picked up and brought to the airport, setting up a tax agent here so I can get my pension refund and lots more. Of course that doesn't factor in all the gatherings to say goodbye!!

I've been a little stressed about getting things done before I leave, but I know they will all get figured out in the end. I'm trying to enjoy myself and the little time I have left without emotionally "checking out" with all the moving things that need to be done. I am looking forward to coming home and spending lots of time with friends and family, and also my new job. But am trying to put off those feelings a little bit and focus on being here for just a little longer. So far, I'm doing an okay job of balancing all these feelings. Please be thinking of me in the weeks to come as I have so much to do!!! See you in a few weeks people!!!

No comments: