Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fujinomiya Fire

After sushi on Monday night, I was at my friend's house and all of a sudden we heard a bunch of sirens and announcements over the city speakers. We didn't know what was going on, so we went into the hallway of her apartment and everyone was running down into the street, so we followed, not knowing that was going on! There was a huge cloud of smoke going into the air from what looked like a few blocks away, and turns out, it really was only a few blocks! Several fire departments were called in to help with the fire and the whole city it seemed was outside watching the fire. I heard today that no one was hurt, though the building I am sure is destroyed. They were rerouting traffic for hours. I took a few videos - check it out!



As I said before, if you get my blogs in an email, you'll have to click here to watch the videos!

No comments: