Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Hey all! As your Easter Sunday begins, mine is ending. I had a fabulous day, although it definitely didn't feel like Easter. I spent today with a few friends from my English conversation class. We had a "hanami" or "cherry blossom viewing" party at one of the temples in my city. I hadn't been there yet because it's a little bit in the countryside. The trip was well worth it though! Here are a few pictures from the day!


We sat under a bunch of cherry trees with petals falling from the trees. We had petals all over our blankets and even in our food! Not only did we have petals falling around us like snow, but we got to see the snow on top of Mt. Fuji too!! Fuji-san was playing hide and seek a bit during the day, but in the afternoon, it was all clear, as you can see here! Apparently this is a photo that all Japanese people want to take - with cherry blossoms and Mt. Fuji, two of the major symbols of Japan. The photo isn't anything to brag about, but it makes me happy just because I love Sakura and I love Fuji!


We were near Taiseki Temple, which had a bunch of paths to walk around, lots of buildings, and an amazing garden like the one above. Azusa and I walked around for a little while while I snapped photo after photo :) I need to go back there so I can spend more time walking around at a leisurely pace. Did I mention it was over 70 degrees today?! It got up to 70 every day in the last week, Spring has officially arrived!! The afternoon got a little breezy when the sun wasn't directly above, but it was still fabulous!



So many petals are falling off now that they are starting to form little piles from the wind blowing them around.


Here's the clan! Harumi, Masayuki, Azusa, Me and Yoshihiro, all from my adult converstion class that I teach on Tuesday nights. We hung out all day, had delicious food, played a little badminton and volleyball. It really was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I have to admit it didn't feel like Easter...I remembered a few times throughout the day that it was a holiday back home...but it's different when I'm out and about and everyone else is sleeping!! So, while I am sleeping I guess, I hope you all have as good of a day as I had!! I love you and miss you lots!! Ash

No comments: